Calculate Expiry Date in Excel 2016 – EDATE. In today’s video, we will learn how to calculate the end date of a contract based on the start date and the length of the contract in the number of months. In this demonstration, we will be using an EDATE function in excel 2016.
This function is normally designed to return a serial number that would represent the date that shows the number of months before or after a specified date. Using this function we can calculate the maturity of a product or a date of expiry or a date of any given contract.
In order to perform this calculation you will need to have this started and the number of months provided to you. As this function will use two parameters that are the started and the number of months in order to provide you with the output that you are looking for.
Click on the following button to download the file used in the demo to practice along with us.
At the end of this video, you will be able to calculate the maturity date, date of expiry, date of manufacture, or the date when any given contract is going to end.
You can use this technique in several different calculations such as policies, contracts, product maturity, product expiry, etc.
Excel Learning Series – TOC
- Excel 2016 – Basics – Find Sum, Average, Min and Max
- Excel 2016 Difference Between Formulas and Functions
- Excel 2016 Copy Formulas or Functions
- Microsoft Excel Auto Fill
- Excel 2016 Manage Views using Freeze Panes
- Microsoft Excel – Saving Workbooks
- Excel Upper and Lower Text Functions
- Excel 2016 – Text Function – Proper
- Excel Text Functions – Trim Function
- Excel – Text Function Left Function
- Excel Text Function – Right Function
- Excel Text Functions – MID Function
- Excel Concatenate Text Function
- Excel Nested Functions
- Excel Search Function
- Excel – Calculate Age using Date Function Today
- Calculate Tenure in Excel with Days Function
- Autofill Dates in Excel
- Formatting Dates in Excel
- Excel Date Format Shortcut
- Calculating Sum of Time in Excel
- Calculate Expiry Date in Excel 2016 – EDATE
- Find Age or Tenure using DATEDIF in Excel 2016
- RandBetween – Generate Random Dates in Excel 2016
- Excel Weekday Function
- Excel WeekNum and ISOWeekNum Functions
- Excel Networkdays and Excel Networkdays.INTL
- Excel Workday and Workdays INTL Functions
- Excel DATEVALUE AND TIMEVALUE
- Calculate Time Difference in Excel
- Calculate Quarter in Excel
- Rounding Day, Hour and Minutes in Excel
- Excel Pay Rate and Downtime Cost Calculation
- Excel Logical Functions IF, AND, OR
- Calculate Bonus in Excel Using IF Function
- Excel Learning – SumIF and SumIFS
- How to use Excel Count Functions
- How to use VLOOKUP in Excel
- How to vLookup in a different workbook in Excel
I hope that you’re enjoying learning Excel through this Excel learning series with Syed. I request you to share these videos with anyone who desires to learn Excel from scratch.
Do subscribe to my blog to receive updates about new articles and learning resources as and when they are added to keep up with Excel Learning.