Find Age or Tenure using DATEDIF in Excel 2016. In this video, you will learn how to use DATEDIF function. This is a hidden gem inside Excel, for some odd reason this function does not show up when you start typing in any cell as other functions do.
This function proves really handy and will calculate an age of any person or an employee in an organization. With this function, you should be able to calculate the age in either days, years or months.
This function was initially designed to support the older workbooks from Lotus 1-2-3. Use this function with extra caution as this may return incorrect results under certain scenarios. See more information here http://bit.ly/2AUtFCH
By the end of this video, you should be able to perform calculations for finding age finding tenure and much more. I highly recommend that you use this function with a mix of other functions that you have learned so far to produce creative results.
Click on the following button to download the file used in the demo to practice along with us.
In case you get stuck, write your questions below in the comments section and I will be happy to help you.
Excel Learning Series – TOC
- Excel 2016 – Basics – Find Sum, Average, Min and Max
- Excel 2016 Difference Between Formulas and Functions
- Excel 2016 Copy Formulas or Functions
- Microsoft Excel Auto Fill
- Excel 2016 Manage Views using Freeze Panes
- Microsoft Excel – Saving Workbooks
- Excel Upper and Lower Text Functions
- Excel 2016 – Text Function – Proper
- Excel Text Functions – Trim Function
- Excel – Text Function Left Function
- Excel Text Function – Right Function
- Excel Text Functions – MID Function
- Excel Concatenate Text Function
- Excel Nested Functions
- Excel Search Function
- Excel – Calculate Age using Date Function Today
- Calculate Tenure in Excel with Days Function
- Autofill Dates in Excel
- Formatting Dates in Excel
- Excel Date Format Shortcut
- Calculating Sum of Time in Excel
- Calculate Expiry Date in Excel 2016 – EDATE
- Find Age or Tenure using DATEDIF in Excel 2016
- RandBetween – Generate Random Dates in Excel 2016
- Excel Weekday Function
- Excel WeekNum and ISOWeekNum Functions
- Excel Networkdays and Excel Networkdays.INTL
- Excel Workday and Workdays INTL Functions
- Excel DATEVALUE AND TIMEVALUE
- Calculate Time Difference in Excel
- Calculate Quarter in Excel
- Rounding Day, Hour and Minutes in Excel
- Excel Pay Rate and Downtime Cost Calculation
- Excel Logical Functions IF, AND, OR
- Calculate Bonus in Excel Using IF Function
- Excel Learning – SumIF and SumIFS
- How to use Excel Count Functions
- How to use VLOOKUP in Excel
- How to vLookup in a different workbook in Excel
- VLookup for Multiple Sheets with Example
- Excel Custom Quarters
I hope that you’re enjoying learning Excel through this Excel learning series with Syed. I request you to share these videos with anyone who desires to learn Excel from scratch.
Do subscribe to my blog to receive updates about new Articles and videos as and when they are added to keep up with Excel Learning.