Did you ever struggle with Excel on how to generate Random numbers in Excel, or how to generate random dates in Excel? well, you have a treat here. In this video tutorial, you will learn how to make use of the randomBetween function to produce Random numbers. You will also see the usage of a date function to produce dates using three separate values and combine them.
You will also see a demonstration on how to use a randomBetween function to produce random dates between two specified dates.
Date function was designed to take up three values and combine them to form a date, you will be learning that in this video. You will also see a demonstration on how to use the date function and randomBetween function in a nested layout to produce random dates.
Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016, Office 365 and above
In this video, you will also see a brief demonstration of how to make an absolute reference in Excel. Since this video is using the nested layout of functions, it is highly recommended for you to watch a nested functions demonstration before you watch this video. You should be able to find the video at this link: http://bit.ly/2yuJtJH
By the end of this video, you should be able to perform quick actions to generate Random numbers, random dates and also produce date based on separate values.
Click on the following button to download the file used in the demo to practice along with us.
In case you get stuck, write your questions below in the comments section and I will be happy to help you.
Excel Learning Series – TOC
- Excel 2016 – Basics – Find Sum, Average, Min and Max
- Excel 2016 Difference Between Formulas and Functions
- Excel 2016 Copy Formulas or Functions
- Microsoft Excel Auto Fill
- Excel 2016 Manage Views using Freeze Panes
- Microsoft Excel – Saving Workbooks
- Excel Upper and Lower Text Functions
- Excel 2016 – Text Function – Proper
- Excel Text Functions – Trim Function
- Excel – Text Function Left Function
- Excel Text Function – Right Function
- Excel Text Functions – MID Function
- Excel Concatenate Text Function
- Excel Nested Functions
- Excel Search Function
- Excel – Calculate Age using Date Function Today
- Calculate Tenure in Excel with Days Function
- Autofill Dates in Excel
- Formatting Dates in Excel
- Excel Date Format Shortcut
- Calculating Sum of Time in Excel
- Calculate Expiry Date in Excel 2016 – EDATE
- Find Age or Tenure using DATEDIF in Excel 2016
- RandBetween – Generate Random Dates in Excel 2016
- Excel Weekday Function
- Excel WeekNum and ISOWeekNum Functions
- Excel Networkdays and Excel Networkdays.INTL
- Excel Workday and Workdays INTL Functions
- Excel DATEVALUE AND TIMEVALUE
- Calculate Time Difference in Excel
- Calculate Quarter in Excel
- Rounding Day, Hour and Minutes in Excel
- Excel Pay Rate and Downtime Cost Calculation
- Excel Logical Functions IF, AND, OR
- Calculate Bonus in Excel Using IF Function
- Excel Learning – SumIF and SumIFS
- How to use Excel Count Functions
- How to use VLOOKUP in Excel
- How to vLookup in a different workbook in Excel
I hope that you’re enjoying learning Excel through this Excel learning series with Syed. I request you to share these videos with anyone who desires to learn Excel from scratch.
Do subscribe to our blog to receive updates about new articles and videos as and when they are added to keep up with Excel Learning.