Joomla 3 – How to disable Plugin or Extension in PhpMyAdmin. Did you install any plugin recently that is causing trouble?. is your site admin panel not accessible at all. Did you break your site after enabling a certain plugin? Don’t panic, you disable or deactivate the plugin of Joomla from PhpMyAdmin database.
Since you are unable to access the back-end, you will now have to disable the plugin from the database (PhpMyAdmin)
- Login to your cPanel.
- Select PhpMyAdmin under Databases section of your cPanel.
- Click on the name of your website database, if you have more than one site on your hosting, you will see other databases too. So carefully select the database of your site in question from the list on the left.
- Locate the *_extensions table where * = the prefix of your Joomla database.
- Locate the row for the extension you attempted to install and click on Edit.
- You can use the search tab on the right side pane to search the plugin
- Enter a partial name of the plugin in the Name field and apply the Like %…% operator and hit Enter or click Go Button on the lower right corner.
- Locate the row where it says enabled in the first column and change the field Value from 1 to 0 and click Go Button on a lower right corner or hit Enter on your keyboard
Recall all the plugins you’ve recently installed and disabled them. Put the site live and check each plugin at a time that way you shall be able to find the bad plugin.
Applies to Joomla 2.x and above | Joomla 3.x and above
Did you Find it helpful? drop a line and share it forward to help others. Have a nice day.