Workday and Workdays INTL Overview
Excel WORKDAY Function and Excel WORKDAY.INTL Function. In this video, we will learn how to make use of Excel Workday function. We have two variations of this function where we can use this function with a standard weekend that is Saturday and Sunday. There is another variation where we can define the custom weekends based on the geolocation.
By the end of this video, you should be able to use Excel WORKDAY Function and Excel WORKDAY.INTL Function to find the future date using a start date and specified number of days.
In general, this function is designed to return a number that represents a date to indicate a date before or after a specified number of days. With the help of this function, you should be able to calculate or find the date after a specific number of days with or Without holidays and with or without weekends.
Let me provide you the overview of both variations of this function. Excel WORKDAY Function and Excel WORKDAY.INTL Function are the two functions that do the same thing but with a little difference.
This function takes three parameters start_date, days, and holidays. Holidays is an optional parameter; hence even if you ignore it, you will not have any problem in the calculation. start_date and days are the mandatory parameters. Start date should always be a proper date otherwise your function may not work as desired. With this function, you should be able to find a date after a certain number of days excluding the standard weekends that is Saturday and Sunday.
Excel 2016 Excel 2013 Excel 2010 Excel 2007 Excel 2016 for Mac Excel for Mac 2011 Excel Online Excel for iPad Excel for iPhone Excel for Android tablets Excel for Android phones Excel Mobile Excel Starter 2010
This function takes four parameters start_date, days, weekend and holidays. Weekend and holidays are optional parameters it can be ignored without any problem. However, using this function indicates that we are trying to use that weekend parameter. With the help of this weekend parameter, we can exclude the customised weekends from a calculation. You can set WORKDAY.INTL function to ignore the standard Saturday and Sunday as a weekend or you can use WORKDAY.INTL function to exclude more customised variation of a weekend by excluding a single day, for example, Sunday only Friday only from your calculations.
Excel 2016 Excel 2013 Excel 2010 Excel 2016 for Mac Excel for Mac 2011 Excel Online Excel for iPad Excel Web App Excel for iPhone Excel for Android tablets Excel for Android phones Excel Mobile Excel Starter 2010
In case you are stuck, add your questions below in the comments section, and I will be happy to help you.
I hope that you’re enjoying learning Excel through this Excel learning series with Syed. I request you to share these videos with anyone who desires to learn Excel from scratch.
Do subscribe to the channel and enable notifications by clicking on the bell icon to receive updates about new videos as and when they are added to keep up with Excel Learning.
Excel Learning Series – TOC
- Excel 2016 – Basics – Find Sum, Average, Min and Max
- Excel 2016 Difference Between Formulas and Functions
- Excel 2016 Copy Formulas or Functions
- Microsoft Excel Auto Fill
- Excel 2016 Manage Views using Freeze Panes
- Microsoft Excel – Saving Workbooks
- Excel Upper and Lower Text Functions
- Excel 2016 – Text Function – Proper
- Excel Text Functions – Trim Function
- Excel – Text Function Left Function
- Excel Text Function – Right Function
- Excel Text Functions – MID Function
- Excel Concatenate Text Function
- Excel Nested Functions
- Excel Search Function
- Excel – Calculate Age using Date Function Today
- Calculate Tenure in Excel with Days Function
- Autofill Dates in Excel
- Formatting Dates in Excel
- Excel Date Format Shortcut
- Calculating Sum of Time in Excel
- Calculate Expiry Date in Excel 2016 – EDATE
- Find Age or Tenure using DATEDIF in Excel 2016
- RandBetween – Generate Random Dates in Excel 2016
- Excel Weekday Function
- Excel WeekNum and ISOWeekNum Functions
- Excel Networkdays and Excel Networkdays.INTL
- Excel Workday and Workdays INTL Functions
- Excel DATEVALUE AND TIMEVALUE
- Calculate Time Difference in Excel
- Calculate Quarter in Excel
- Rounding Day, Hour and Minutes in Excel
- Excel Pay Rate and Downtime Cost Calculation
- Excel Logical Functions IF, AND, OR
- Calculate Bonus in Excel Using IF Function
We hope you find this article/Demonstration useful. In case you are stuck and or need help, feel free to drop a comment below or submit your question. Do share it further and add your feedback about the article in the comments section.