How to find quarters in Excel is a video demonstration where we will help you to understand how you can calculate a value for quarters from any given date.
With the help of this video, you will be able to learn how to extract quarter values with different scenarios of Fiscal years.
Calculation of quarters is usually found in financial calculations, statistical analysis, big data, and much more. Post this demonstration, you should be able to draw or quarters based on different types of the fiscal year.
In this video demonstration, we have used Excel choose function with the combination of month function.
Excel choose function helps you to show the desired value from the list of arguments based on the returned index number. We are using the month function to extract the month number and use it as an index number that is passed in the choose function. Based on this index number, we are returning the quarter value.
At the end of this demonstration, you should be able to choose function as well as month function.
In the next episode of this learning series, we will demonstrate how to round off days and time values in Excel.
Excel Learning Series – TOC
- Excel 2016 – Basics – Find Sum, Average, Min and Max
- Excel 2016 Difference Between Formulas and Functions
- Excel 2016 Copy Formulas or Functions
- Microsoft Excel Auto Fill
- Excel 2016 Manage Views using Freeze Panes
- Microsoft Excel – Saving Workbooks
- Excel Upper and Lower Text Functions
- Excel 2016 – Text Function – Proper
- Excel Text Functions – Trim Function
- Excel – Text Function Left Function
- Excel Text Function – Right Function
- Excel Text Functions – MID Function
- Excel Concatenate Text Function
- Excel Nested Functions
- Excel Search Function
- Excel – Calculate Age using Date Function Today
- Calculate Tenure in Excel with Days Function
- Autofill Dates in Excel
- Formatting Dates in Excel
- Excel Date Format Shortcut
- Calculating Sum of Time in Excel
- Calculate Expiry Date in Excel 2016 – EDATE
- Find Age or Tenure using DATEDIF in Excel 2016
- RandBetween – Generate Random Dates in Excel 2016
- Excel Weekday Function
- Excel WeekNum and ISOWeekNum Functions
- Excel Networkdays and Excel Networkdays.INTL
- Excel Workday and Workdays INTL Functions
- Excel DATEVALUE AND TIMEVALUE
- Calculate Time Difference in Excel
- Calculate Quarter in Excel
- Rounding Day, Hour and Minutes in Excel
- Excel Pay Rate and Downtime Cost Calculation
- Excel Logical Functions IF, AND, OR
- Calculate Bonus in Excel Using IF Function
We hope you find this article/Demonstration useful. In case you are stuck and or need help, feel free to drop a comment below or submit your question. Do share it further and add your feedback about the article in the comments section.
#excelLearningSeries #excel #excel2016 #excelDateFunction #exceltime