WooCommerce Free Payment Gateways is an article of My Knowledge Portal, where we are going to talk about some of the free Payment Gateways for WooCommerce.
Before we talk about the free payment gateways, lets first look at what WooCommerce is and does.
WooCommerce is an eCommerce platform for building your own online business, and the best part is, it can be customizable according to your needs.
WooCommerce is an Open-Source plugin for WordPress. Small or Large online merchants who are using WordPress can use WooCommerce on their website/blog to sell and purchase stuff online.
The company name Automattic makes WooCommerce, and Automattic is a corporate arm of WordPress, so you are safe with using WooCommerce on a WordPress website.
With WooCommerce, you can sell products online and physically, take secure payments, and manage inventory and shipping too. WooCommerce also supports mobile devices, and it has limitless features to scale your website/blog.
Although WooCommerce is really powerful and has a lot of extensions, it is also easy for beginners to use. WooCommerce feels really premium, although it is entirely free for anyone to download, use, and modify.
You can get a lot of information on WooCommerce on the World Wide Web; however, today, we are going to talk about the FREE Payment Gateway Plugins for WooCommerce.
Free Payment Gateways for WooCommerce
PayFast is the free WooCommerce payment gateway for South African websites. PayFast offers easy, secure and instant money transfers between online buyers and sellers.
Features of PayFast
- Payment Methods – PayFast offers a variety of payment methods so that your customers do not have to hesitate to select the right payment. They can choose whatever they feel comfortable with. More payment options mean access to more online shopping and increased sales.
- Subscriptions – PayFast nurtures customer retention by providing automated, scheduled payments that are charged at regular intervals. PayFast subscriptions can be integrated using PayFast API custom.
- Tokenized Recurring Payments – PayFast allows you to accept tokenized single-click payments on your website/blog. No need for authorization for recurring “once-off” payments.
- Split Payments – PayFast provides split payments which is currently a South African feature that instantly splits a portion of your payment with a third-party. Split payments improve cash flow in your business by eliminating the need for collections and tedious financial admin.
- Accept Donations – PayFast helps you to receive donations for your cause. PayFast has a subscription feature that can be integrated on your website/blog so donors can make automated scheduled donations.
- Business Funding – Once you opt for PayFast, you will have the benefit to receive business funding since PayFast understands the challenges most of the Small Business Enterprises face.
Plans and Packages for PayFast
You do not have to pay any setup or monthly fees when you opt for PayFast, You only pay per transaction.
eWAY is another easy-to-use, frictionless and free payment gateway.
eWAY can be integrated with your chosen platform without any hassle. eWAY is also secure, reliable and has a tool named Beagle Lite that comes free in the package when you subscribe that offers a robust toolkit designed to protect your sales and your customers.
Features of eWAY
- Payment Gateway – eWAY provides you with an all-in-one solution or a payment gateway as per your business needs. eWAY can be integrated seamlessly with any platform and it makes things easy for developers and merchants to get started quickly.
- Anti-Fraud – As we mentioned above, eWAY comes with Beagle Lite that is a free-built in fraud prevention tool. You receive email notifications whenever a potentially fraudulent transaction is happening. You can block transactions from a specific place or country as you like. eWAY fraud checks are monitored in real-time so you know when it is happening and when you can stop it.
- eWAY iFrame Solutions – eWAY iFrame solution is an HTML document that is embedded on your website. When someone pays, they pay directly without knowing they have been redirected elsewhere. You have to make sure that an SSL is used to secure the page and provide reassurance to customers, which increases your sales.
- Transactional Emails – eWay provides transactional emails so that your customers can post or tweet about what they have purchased with just one click. With the help of Transactional Emails, you will be able to capture new sales and drive cash flow with minimum effort.
- Apple Pay – You know that a lot of Apple users love Apple Pay since your card details are not stored on the device and are never shared. Since eWAY is integrated with Apple Pay, it means you can offer your customers a secure, private way to pay through your application.
Plans and Packages for eWAY
eWAY subscription entitles you for one year of updates from the date of purchase.
Square is the most popular and easy-to-use payment gateway, and WooCommerce itself develops Square’s plug-ins. Square is a free payment gateway for WordPress. The Square plugin is like an extension for WooCommerce to allow you to accept payments. You will be able to accept Credit Card payments quickly and directly on your store.
Features of Square by WooCommerce
- Accept Payments Anywhere, Anytime – You have the option to take payments from anywhere whether it is online or in-person. Square accepts all major debit and credit cards.
- Deposits – Your funds are deposited within one or two working days.
- Advanced Security – Square provides end-to-end security by encrypting all the data from the beginning of the transaction until the end as it completes. The good part is, it is no security fees and is totally free.
- Up-to-date Inventory – You can manually sync your products from WooCommerce to Square and vice-versa. You do not need to set up your items twice. When a customer purchases your item, the inventory is updated on both platforms making it easy for you to keep a track wherever you are looking at.
- Payment Disputes – Square has dedicated dispute teams who can help you walk through the process. Square has a dispute dashboard, where you can upload all the necessary documents and Square will do all the time-consuming and stressful work of dealing with your customer’s bank for you.
- Fraud Protection – Square uses machine learning and live monitoring programs to analyze transactions as they are happening and keeps an eye on suspicious activity. It enhances your security by a 2-step verification system which is now commonly used on all secure platforms.
Plans and Packages for Square
You do not have to pay any Startup fees, monthly fees, refund fees, PCI compliance fees, hardware leasing fees, and business card fees.
Stripe is the best payment gateway platform for running an internet business available in the market. Stripe has the most powerful and flexible tools for doing your business online. Stripe helps you create a lot of eCommerce items as you require whether it is an on-demand marketplace, creating a subscription service or a crowd-funding platform, Stripe can get all that done.
Features of Stripe
- Stripe Elements – Stripe has a custom User Interface that allows you to build your own custom payment from your machine, tablet or mobile.
- Embeddable Checkout – Stripe offers an embeddable checkout option that works within your website/blog.
- Physical Payments – Stripe offers a host of different mobile card readers and terminals that allow you to accept payments in person. Stripe also provides you with some development tools to build your own point of sale to integrate with your hardware items.
- Stripe Sources – Stripe has a source application-programming interface that allows you to accept payment methods from all around the globe with a single integration. Stripe provides you with a .JS file to build your own checkout form with Stripes set of Application-Programming Interface.
Plans and Packages for Stripe
Stripe provides free usage and you do not have to pay anything monthly or annually for using Stripe. You only pay-as-you-go. So pay for whenever you use it and nothing else.
Amazon Pay is another FREE Payment Gateway that you can use developed by the world’s most renowned eCommerce website Amazon itself. Amazon Pay is a service that lets you the payment service that is already associated with your Amazon account. Customers have the option to easily checkout without having to leave your site or creating a new account. Amazon Pay helps you acquire and retain new customers, increase your conversions and reduce cart abandonment.
Features of Amazon Pay
- Inline Checkout – Customers will be able to enter payment information and complete their desired purchases without having to leave your website/blog. Amazon Pay helps increase the likelihood of completing a sale.
- Automatic Payments – With the help of Amazon Pay, you can do recurring payments and automatically renew subscriptions.
- Fraud Protection Technology – This is a free service provided by Amazon Pay and Amazon is using the same on their own website too. This technology helps protect your account from fraudulent transactions, lowering your costs and protects your business.
- Voice Solutions – Amazon Pay also helps your customers to make purchases or make donations through Alexa devices. However, you will have separate pricing for voice-enabled payments.
- Multiple Integrations – You have the option to integrate Amazon Pay with your selling platform. Amazon Pay provides you with a lot of options so you have the freedom to choose which integration suites you best.
- Central Dashboard – Amazon Pay provides its merchants with their centralized dashboard where you will be able to manage chargeback claims, view reports and much more.
Plans and Packages of Amazon Pay
Amazon Pay is completely free to use. You do not need to pay for anything. Your purchases do not incur any transaction fee, no membership fee, no currency conversion fee, and no other fees what-so-ever.
PayPal powered by Braintree
Paypal powered by Braintree is another wonderful free payment gateway for WooCommerce users. It allows your customers to use their debit or credit card or a Paypal account to pay for their orders or purchases. Paypal powered by Braintree supports many leading digital wallets.
Features of Paypal powered by Braintree
- PayPal Credit – This gives you the power to offer your customers the ability to use PayPal Credit, which allows your customers to pay in timely intervals as per their convenience, but you get to be paid in full.
- Digital Wallets – PayPal is integrated with leading digital wallets like Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Visa Checkout, which allows your customers to checkout without having to enter any payment details every time they make a purchase.
- Smart Buttons – Smart Buttons allow you to control how your payment buttons appear on the cart storefront. This can happen via the StoreDesign theme editing tool which comes built-in.
- Security – Paypal powered by Braintree offers Fraud protection, the ability to authorize payments before your customers make any and 3D secure payments which meet PSD2 requirements.
Plans and Package of PayPal powered by Braintree
PayPal powered by Braintree is absolutely free to use. You only have to pay a standard price of 2.9% plus $0.30 per transaction whenever made. But if you are a US-based merchant, you can be eligible for a pre-negotiated rate provided by BigCommerce since PayPal powered by Braintree is in collaboration with BigCommerce.
Klarna is another best WooCommerce Free payment gateway. It is one of Europe’s largest banks and payment providers. Klarna offers direct payments, pay after delivery options and also easy installment plans, that allow your customers to pay in a way they prefer.
Klarna is now part of the Klarna Group.
Features of Klarna
- Zero Interest Options – This is an option provided by Klarna where you would first need to qualify and once you do, you will enjoy zero-interest financing for your purchases that you make.
- AutoPay – Klarna gives your customers the option to make automatic and minimum payments from your bank account to your Klarna account.
- Safe and Secure – Klarna protects your information and enforces a zero-fraud protection policy like all the other payment gateways. Any unauthorized transaction found, do report it to Klarna and they will take it from there.
- No Annual Fee – You do not have to pay anything annually to use and maintain Klarna.
- Payment Reminders – Klarna gives you a notification 2-days before payment is due so your customer is informed that it is time for them to make your payment.
- Hassle-Free Refunds – Your customers have the option to easily request a refund and Klarna will get this completed in 14-days.
Plans and Packages of Klarna
You do not have to pay any amount to Klarna for usage and maintenance. It is completely free. The only case in which you will pay more than your total purchase is if you make a late payment and if you have an interest rate accepted when you made the purchase.
The conclusion to WooCommerce Free Payment Gateways
With this, we come to a conclusion to the WooCommerce Free Gateway plugins. There are more to come and we will keep you updated as and when we research more. However, the above ones are what we found FREE on the World Wide Web. If you think there are more free versions of the payment gateways, do let us know and we will be delightful to add it in this article so that everyone is benefited.