Vlookup Based on Dropdown Selection in Excel is a video demonstration that will help you to understand how to build VLookup in Excel based on dropdown selection.
Vlookup Based on Dropdown Selection in Excel tutorial requires you to be aware of the basic functionality of VLookup in Excel.
By the end of this video, you will learn how to build lists, format data as tables,s and build Vlookup Based on Dropdown Selection in Excel.
Quick Summary of the video
VLook up based on drop-down selection video demonstration begins by creating a drop-down list of names using data validation tools inside excel.
After having the drop-down menu ready we will sort that list in alphabetical order to make it more readable.
Once we have a drop-down ready and sorted, we will start building the VLookup in the lookup sheet tab. We will then format the sales based on the data time to reflect the data in their respective formats.
Now each time you select a different name from the dropdown menu the values of the VLookup will dynamically update. Please go ahead and watch the video listed below to see the demonstration in action and follow along.
Excel Learning Series – TOC
- Excel 2016 – Basics – Find Sum, Average, Min and Max
- Excel 2016 Difference Between Formulas and Functions
- Excel 2016 Copy Formulas or Functions
- Microsoft Excel Auto Fill
- Excel 2016 Manage Views using Freeze Panes
- Microsoft Excel – Saving Workbooks
- Excel Upper and Lower Text Functions
- Excel 2016 – Text Function – Proper
- Excel Text Functions – Trim Function
- Excel – Text Function Left Function
- Excel Text Function – Right Function
- Excel Text Functions – MID Function
- Excel Concatenate Text Function
- Excel Nested Functions
- Excel Search Function
- Excel – Calculate Age using Date Function Today
- Calculate Tenure in Excel with Days Function
- Autofill Dates in Excel
- Formatting Dates in Excel
- Excel Date Format Shortcut
- Calculating Sum of Time in Excel
- Calculate Expiry Date in Excel 2016 – EDATE
- Find Age or Tenure using DATEDIF in Excel 2016
- RandBetween – Generate Random Dates in Excel 2016
- Excel Weekday Function
- Excel WeekNum and ISOWeekNum Functions
- Excel Networkdays and Excel Networkdays.INTL
- Excel Workday and Workdays INTL Functions
- Excel DATEVALUE AND TIMEVALUE
- Calculate Time Difference in Excel
- Calculate Quarter in Excel
- Rounding Day, Hour and Minutes in Excel
- Excel Pay Rate and Downtime Cost Calculation
- Excel Logical Functions IF, AND, OR
- Calculate Bonus in Excel Using IF Function
- Excel Learning – SumIF and SumIFS
- How to use Excel Count Functions
- How to use VLOOKUP in Excel
- How to vLookup in a different workbook in Excel
- VLookup for Multiple Sheets with Example
- Excel Custom Quarters
- Vlookup Return Custom Value
- Vlookup Based on Dropdown Selection
- HLookup in Excel
- Locate information using Match Function in Excel
We hope you find this post useful. In case you are stuck and or need help, feel free to drop a comment below or submit your question. Do share it further and add your feedback about the article in the comments section.