HLookup in Excel is a post where I will help you to understand how to use the hlookup function in Excel. By the end of this post, you will be comfortable using the hlookup function in Excel.
HLookup searches for a value specified in the top data row of a table or an array of data and then returns a value in the same column from a specified row. You may use HLOOKUP when your values are located in a row across the top of a data table, and you want to scrub down a specified number of rows to get to the desired value.
I have 3 sheets on the practice workbook, See It, Do it, and Dataset 1.1.
HLookup seeks four arguments, i.e
- lookup_value: What to look?
- table_array: Where to look for that value?
- row_index_num: What do you need in return if the value is found?
- range_lookup: A logical value that specifies whether you want HLOOKUP to find an exact match or an approximate match.
Please go ahead and watch the video demonstration that explains how to use HLookup in excel using sample data. Download the practice workbook to follow along while you watch the HLookup demo video.
Excel Learning Series – TOC
- Excel 2016 – Basics – Find Sum, Average, Min and Max
- Excel 2016 Difference Between Formulas and Functions
- Excel 2016 Copy Formulas or Functions
- Microsoft Excel Auto Fill
- Excel 2016 Manage Views using Freeze Panes
- Microsoft Excel – Saving Workbooks
- Excel Upper and Lower Text Functions
- Excel 2016 – Text Function – Proper
- Excel Text Functions – Trim Function
- Excel – Text Function Left Function
- Excel Text Function – Right Function
- Excel Text Functions – MID Function
- Excel Concatenate Text Function
- Excel Nested Functions
- Excel Search Function
- Excel – Calculate Age using Date Function Today
- Calculate Tenure in Excel with Days Function
- Autofill Dates in Excel
- Formatting Dates in Excel
- Excel Date Format Shortcut
- Calculating Sum of Time in Excel
- Calculate Expiry Date in Excel 2016 – EDATE
- Find Age or Tenure using DATEDIF in Excel 2016
- RandBetween – Generate Random Dates in Excel 2016
- Excel Weekday Function
- Excel WeekNum and ISOWeekNum Functions
- Excel Networkdays and Excel Networkdays.INTL
- Excel Workday and Workdays INTL Functions
- Excel DATEVALUE AND TIMEVALUE
- Calculate Time Difference in Excel
- Calculate Quarter in Excel
- Rounding Day, Hour and Minutes in Excel
- Excel Pay Rate and Downtime Cost Calculation
- Excel Logical Functions IF, AND, OR
- Calculate Bonus in Excel Using IF Function
- Excel Learning – SumIF and SumIFS
- How to use Excel Count Functions
- How to use VLOOKUP in Excel
- How to vLookup in a different workbook in Excel
- VLookup for Multiple Sheets with Example
- Excel Custom Quarters
- Vlookup Return Custom Value
- Vlookup Based on Dropdown Selection
- HLookup in Excel
- Locate information using Match Function in Excel
We hope you find this post useful. In case you are stuck and or need help, feel free to drop a comment below or submit your question. Do share it further and add your feedback about the article in the comments section.